Name of Position: Human Resources Administrator
Reports to: Plant Manager
Updated: April 10, 2017
Scope of Position:
Performs a wide variety of human resources tasks, administrative duties and assignments related to the processing and control of all employment paperwork; processes the plant payroll; and supports safety and first aid activities.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
- Monitors employment levels; posts jobs as required; and conducts interviews for job openings
- Completes all new hire and termination paperwork as required
- Makes adjustments in the Asure system as needed
- Verifies that labor transferred correctly by printing Asure reports
- Processes hourly payroll using Asure time system for transfer to corporate and process salaried payroll
- Issues hourly employee’s Asure timesheets to supervisors
- Keeps all paperwork up to date regarding new hires, job/supervisor transfers or terminations
- Maintains database for STD/FML claims for the division
- Maintains database for Worker’s Compensation claims
- Updates each hourly and salaried employee’s Attendance Calendar for absences, tardiness, earned time, vacation time, Family Medical Leave, Short Term Disability, leave of absence, jury duty, and/or bereavement
- Prints and prepares hourly employee’s paychecks and direct deposits
- Enters all vacation time used by employees in Asure time system & updates vacation schedules
- Keeps track of attendance violations & issues attendance points notices and warnings as needed per Company policy
- Maintains employee personnel and confidential files
- Provides back up switchboard and mail service support
- Assists Plant Manager in other Administrative tasks as needed
- Provides switchboard and mail service support
- Performs other related duties as required or requested
The Human Resources and Administrative Assistant must possess the minimum knowledge listed below:
- High School Diploma required
- Ability to use computer software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook
- Ability to be well organized, and able to multi-task
- Ability to follow instructions & prioritize assignments, communicate effectively
- Must be able to interact with all levels of employees and with a high level of confidentiality.
- Must be accurate and detail oriented
Employment With Mestek:
As a premier engineering and applications company with expertise in a multitude of product categories, Mestek, Inc.â€™s esteemed brands provide better engineered solutions to our customers. With continuous improvement of our engineering and manufacturing processes, we are devoted to providing our customers with the highest quality theyâ€™ve come to expect from our brands.
Mestek is committed to attracting and maintaining a diverse, dynamic workforce that encourages personal and professional growth for both the individual and team success. If you are looking for an environment where innovation and creativity are cultivated within a respectful, family friendly atmosphere, and then consider joining the Mestek team.
Apply online, or send your resumé with salary history and requirements to:
Attn: HR Manager
260 North Elm St.
Westfield, MA 01085
Fax: (413) 562-7630