Scope of Position: Working under the general direction of the Engineering Manager, performs a wide variety of duties associated with providing technical support for end users, contractors, sales representatives and internal account managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Job Title: Product Engineer
Department: Sterling Gas / Spacepak
Basic Job Function:
Ø Assist with streamlining and maintaining the integrity of the ECR/ECN process.
Ø Working closely with the manufacturing process, provides manufacturing drawings of custom designs and improvement to standard designs, ensuring top quality at every step of the process
Ø Analyze and champion quality programs with procedures that involve testing of products at various stages of the manufacturing process.
Ø Performs calculations to support design features and performance; including tolerances, thermal stresses, and shipping loads
Ø Checks drawings for accuracy and completeness
Ø Evaluates designs for potential cost savings through the use of alternate materials or labor practices
Ø Performs other similar or related duties as required or requested
Ø Tests finished products for quality purposes and recommends changes to product specifications as necessary
Ø Evaluates and tests alternate components for improved performance, reliability, and cost savings
Working Relationship to others:
Ø Works with engineering in all phases of product design/development and startup.
Ø Works closely with local manufacturing to make new and existing products efficient and manufacturing friendly
Education, Training, and Experience:
Ø B.S degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent;
Ø Two to four years of experience in a design engineering role, preferably in a product development and/or manufacturing environment
Ø HVAC mechanical experience a plus
Ø Familiar with AutoCAD 3D suite of products, most notably Inventor and Solidworks
Ø Familiar with shop capabilities and processes
Ø Familiar with sheet metal design
Ø Familiar with revision control and large assembly management in a CAD environment
Ø Knowledge of ANSI Z83.8 standards, manufacturing process and agency requirements such as UL 1995 and CSA2.6.
Ø Mechanical and electrical design skills and experience
Ø Experience working with combustion gas heating equipment a plus
Ø Proficiency in computer software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Ø Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills
Name of Position: Environmental, Health & Safety
Reports to: Manufacturing
Updated: March 28, 2016
Scope of Position: Responsible for all aspects of safety, workers compensation and environmental issues for all Westfield Manufacturing plants, offices, and grounds (six buildings and accompanying grounds).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage the maintenance and implementation of safety programs, compliance plans, and initiatives.
· Participate in the investigation of incidents, near misses and property damage incidents. Ensure follow-up is done to minimize future exposure and proper records/documents are maintained.
· Conduct, coordinate and track various training to support company programs, including 5S, good housekeeping.
· Conduct routine safety observations to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies, company environmental, health, and safety policies, procedures and practices.
· Conduct and maintain internal and regulatory reporting including data collection and reporting including but not limited to air, storm water and surface water discharge, as well as other regulatory requirements
· Ensure the company meets all its legislative compliance obligations with OSHA, MASS DEP, EPA, ADA, and fire codes.
· Serve as primary contact for all regulatory agencies for inspections, permitting, reporting (air, water, waste).
· Maintain compliance with permits, government regulations and other industry practices.
· Keep abreast of any safety and environmental law or regulation changes that impact the organization.
Provide a strong EHS floor presence in production and office areas.
Manage hazardous and non-hazardous waste inspections, identification, containerization, consolidation, labeling, accumulation and shipment for disposal and maintain records of such.
Assist in the development, implementation and review of protocols for paint usage tracking in the paint booth to ensure compliance with applicable PBR (permit by rule).
Collect, document and record site EHS monitoring including, but not limited to, area noise measurements and storm water samples.
Review safety issues and incidents and work with plant leadership and employees to develop plans for resolution.
Schedule and conduct site EHS compliance inspections, perform records documentation and provide corrective action response recommendations and tracking
Use a working knowledge of personal, industrial & occupational safety to manage safety programs such as Forklift Operations, Hoist & Crane Operations, Lifting Equipment, Lock-Out/Tag-Out, Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Control, Respiratory Protection, PPE Program, Hazard Communication and other OSHA required programs.
Support and participate in Safety Committee meetings through meeting attendance, inspection team leadership, findings documentation and corrective measures development and closure tracking.
Gather and organize pertinent information, statistics and figures to be presented in the form of EHS metrics.
Maintain EHS files and inventory of EHS forms, supplies, materials and equipment for program use.
Support and participate in production, shop and maintenance floor audits and prepare and submit maintenance requests as required ensuring corrective actions.
Assist in the performance of risk assessments to determine the potential hazards of new processes and projects (capital projects and others) and ensure that all applicable Federal, State, and Local regulations, along with industry standards, (ANSI, NFPA, ACGIH) are followed.
Assist in the process to identify and approve any new chemical under consideration for use at the facility.
Maintain a current and accurate MSDS database.
Assist in identifying, developing and implementing EHS cost control measures.
Develop and implement JSAs and training programs in the use of safety equipment including PPE, chemical hazards, noise hazards, physical hazards and safe operating practices and assist in the implementation and management of such programs.
Participate in emergency response functions such as material release first responders and First Aid teams.
Develop and implement emergency evacuation plans and procedures and conduct drills
· Assist in the oversight of the Worker’s Compensation program.
· Keep the Plant Manager and Human Resources Manager up to date on matters relating to, environmental, health and safety.
· Performs other similar and related duties as assigned
The employee must possess the minimum knowledge listed below:
· BS in Occupational Health and Safety or related field (preferred)
· Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) (preferred)
· 1 – 4 years experience in manufacturing environment with responsibility for Environmental, Health and Safety.
· Proficient PC skills including Microsoft Office applications.
· Ability to be on call or work off hours as needed.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently with attention to detail and organizational abilities.
· Superior analytical/problem solving, written and verbal communications.
· Experience working with local regulatory agencies preferred.
· Familiar with emission control devices to ensure compliance.
As a premier engineering and applications company with expertise in a multitude of product categories, Mestek, Inc.â€™s esteemed brands provide better engineered solutions to our customers. With continuous improvement of our engineering and manufacturing processes, we are devoted to providing our customers with the highest quality theyâ€™ve come to expect from our brands.
Mestek is committed to attracting and maintaining a diverse, dynamic workforce that encourages personal and professional growth for both the individual and team success. If you are looking for an environment where innovation and creativity are cultivated within a respectful, family friendly atmosphere, and then consider joining the Mestek team.
Apply online, or send your resumé with salary history and requirements to:
Attn: HR Manager
260 North Elm St.
Westfield, MA 01085
Fax: (413) 562-7630